With the "Advanced Budget" budgeting module, groups will be able to directly use "Budget requests".
- Log in on CampusGroups.
- Click on "Admin" (key icon in the top menu).
3. Click on "Money" on your left-side menu.
4. You will be redirected to the "All Budgets" page where you can view all groups' budgets.
From this page, you will also be able to create new budgets by clicking on "Create Budget" on the right.
Click on "Save" when your budget is complete.
You can also edit past or current budgets by clicking on "Edit" on the right of the budget.
See our tutorial on budget status to choose the right status for a budget.
5. If you click on "Transactions" under "Money" on your left side menu, you will access the "Accounting Book" and be able to view all of the transactions.
There you can see an overview of revenues and expenses for each budget and for the group funds.
We will now move on to "Budget Requests" and how to manage them.
6. Manage a group.
7. Click on "Money" on your left-side menu.
8. Click on "Budgeting".
9. Select the appropriate Budget from the drop-down list on the left under "Budget", and set "Filter By" as " - View all groups - ".
You will be able to view every "Budget Request". Feel free to set "Filter By" as the name of the group you want to manage to find its "Budget Request" more easily.
10. Go over a "Budget request and enter in the "Approved" field the amount of money you want to give for this request.
Note that if you write a strictly positive number, the orange disc to the right will turn green as the request has been approved or partially approved.
It will turn red if you put 0 in it as it would mean the request has been denied.
Feel free to use the "Notes" button to explain why a request has been denied or partially approved.
11. It is now up to the officers to request payment. Once they do, the right end of your "Budget Request will slightly change and you will see another orange dot meaning you payment request is now pending approval from the administration.
12. To approve the payment, click on the last button to the right. It will redirect you to the request's workflow.
13. Depending on the workflow template, the "Transaction" will require one or more approvals from one or more group member.s Click on "I approve" to approve the workflow if you are part of one of the workflow group.
14. For more information on our workflow feature, please see this tutorial.
15. You will be able to find the "Budget Request" and its effect on your funds in the "Transactions" section.
16. It is also possible to import transactions manually. To do so, click on "Upload Transactions". You will be redirected to the upload page. Carefully follow the instructions given.