Best practices for using Members and Contacts.
Separate your audience:
You can separate the different types of contacts depending on your group activity:
- Students interested in receiving newsletters
- Students interested in taking part of the group's management
- Potential members
- Potential speakers
- Potential sponsors
- Advisors, Campus staff, etc.
- Event partners, suppliers, rentals, etc.
Once you have done this, you can create related Tags.
Situations in which you can collect/save prospects' emails:
Prospects are people who have expressed an interest in your group and are also identified by the following situations:
- People signing up for an event, without being a member
- Students expressing interest in attending a group presentation, whose emails you have collected and uploaded into CampusGroups even though they have not joined the group yet
- Students having registered to your group but not (yet) paid membership (may not be the case when membership dues = $0)
- Former members with expired membership, whether they plan to renew or not
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.