"Anchors" enable you to link content within an email. For example, you may want to add "Anchors" at the beginning of each section of a long email with many sections. In addition, you can create an index on top of that email that will link to all those "Anchors". This will enable readers to go directly to the content of their interest without having to scroll down until they find that content.
Simply follow these steps to create an "Anchor" on CampusGroups:
- Log in to CampusGroups.
- Manage your group.
- Select "Emails" then "Sent" in the left-side menu.
4. Select "Compose Email".
5. Compose an email using the new email builder.
6. Continue to the "Design" step.
7. Once you finish designing your email, find a section that you wish to add an "Anchor" to. Hover over the item then select the "Anchor" icon in the top right-side.
8. Type the name for your "Anchor" in the text box. Click "OK".
9. Create as many "Anchors" as you wish to organize your email.
10. Once you are satisfied, drag the "Table of Contents" element from the right-side element bank into the email.
11. In the right-side, click on "Select Content Areas...".
12. Select the "Anchors" that will be displayed in the "Table Of Contents" by clicking on the checkboxes. Once finished, select "Insert Selected Anchors".
13. Configure the "Table Of Contents" to your liking and click "Save" to finish.
14. The "Table Of Contents" element will appear as you configured.
Note: A common mistake is trying to link an "Anchor" that doesn't exist. First create the "Anchor" and then the link to it; otherwise, its name will not appear in the list of available "Anchors".