This tutorial consists of 3 parts:
I - Introduction to Budget Status.
II - How to change a Budget's Status
III - How to create a custom Budget Status
IMPORTANT: This tutorial deals with advanced features of the "Advanced Budget" Budgeting Module. It is highly recommended that you have a good understanding of the feature before starting this tutorial.
Feel free to read the Budgeting Tutorials to learn more about the Budgeting Module.
I - Introduction to Budget Status
There are 5 types of Budget status, each with its specific use.
- Submission: Group officers can submit budget requests.
As you can see below on this officer view, the "Create Budget Request" button is available.
- Approval: Budget administrators review submissions and approve/reject the amounts requested.
The "Create Budget Request" button is no longer available for officers, as you can see on the officer view below.
In the "Approval" section you will note an orange dot meaning the request is pending approval.
Administrators however can input an amount of money in the approved column to approve, partially approve or reject the Budget Request.
See the following administrator view:
Note that administrators cannot create Budget Requests either.
- Rolling: Group officers can, at the SAME TIME, submit budget requests and request payments, and budget administrators can review submissions and approve/reject the amounts requested.
Use this status to make adjustments to the Budget Requests.
As you can see on the administrator view below (similar to the officer view), the "Rolling" Budget Status allow Budget Requests Creation, Budget Approval and Payment Request.
- Payments: Group officers can submit payment requests and budget administrators can approve/reject.
This Status is designed to let officers ask for Payment Requests. You will see on the officer view below that the "Payment Request" Button is available to officers.
- Closed: No budget requests, approvals nor payments can be made anymore.
Note that if workflows are used for Payment Request approval, they can still be approved to finalize the Payment Request even if the budget is "Closed".
Here is an officer view of a "Closed" and fully approved "Budget Request" (similar to the administrator view).
Most schools use two different Budgets, one with "Submission", "Approval", "Payment" and "Closed" status for semester-long budgets and another one with only "Rolling" used for groups' unexpected expenses throughout the year.
II - How to change a Budget's Status
There are two ways of changing a budget's status.
A) 1. Go to the budget page by clicking on "Money" on the administrator's left-side menu.
2. You will see all your budgets and you will be able to change a budget's status with the drop-down list in the middle. Select the status needed.
Note that you can also change the status by editing the budget and changing its status on the "Budget Status" line.
B) 1. Manage your group.
2. Click on "Money" on your left-side menu.
3. Click on "Budgeting" on your left side menu.
4. Click on "Settings" on the right. You will be able to edit the selected budget.
5. Go to the "Budget status" line and choose the status needed. Click on "Save" when you are done.
III - How to make a custom "Budget Status"
- Log in to CampusGroups.
- Click on "Admin" (key icon in the top menu).
3. Click on "Money" of the left-side menu.
4. Choose the budget for which you would like to customize the status. Click on the drop-down button to the right and then click on "Budget Status"
5. Upon creation, every budget has all five types of status. To create a new status click on "Create Budget Status".
6. Give your status a name and a description and then choose between the 5 types of status. Click on "Save" when you are done.
7. You can delete an existing status by clicking on "Delete" from the drop-down button of a status.
8. It is also possible to edit an existing status by clicking the "Edit" button of a status.