CampusGroups offers a secure way to run elections with the "Survey" feature.
- Log in to CampusGroups.
- Manage your group.
- Mouse over the “Surveys” tab and click on "Create surveys".
- Click on the "Form settings" icon (top left icon).
5. Insert the name of the election (e.g. Executive Committee Elections 2013) and the description. Select "Officer Elections" under the "Survey Category" dropdown.
6. IMPORTANT - Make sure the options below are set as follows:
- “Login required”: Yes.
- “Disable editing": Yes (respondents will not be able to change their answers).
- "Single answer": Yes (respondents will only be able to submit one answer).
- Under the "Notifications" tab, select the members tag of the members whom you want to receive notifications every time a vote is submitted.
7. Click on "Save".
8. Click on the "Add Question" button
9. Select the "Election" question type and add candidates information (name, description, files, videos).
Click on the "Save" button at the bottom.
10. Click on "Preview" to view what users will see:
11. Go back to the Surveys page and click on "Access" to select where you want to publish the survey and the people in your group who are allowed to vote for that election. Set survey as open to “Some group members only”.
12. Then you can select only the current students (in most cases only current students can vote for student clubs' elections).
13. Send the survey to yourself and fill it in for testing purposes. Make sure your answers are properly recorded.
14. After that, send the survey to your group members who are current students by composing an email and attaching the link to the survey in the email.
15. Once the vote has taken place, you can check submissions and view results by clicking on "View". You will then be able to view detailed results of the elections and download them into Excel.