Best practices for using "Members" and "Contacts".
Separate your audience:
First, you can separate your different contacts depending on your group activity:
- Students interested in receiving newsletters.
- Students interested in taking part of the group's management.
- Potential members.
- Potential speakers.
- Potential sponsors.
- Advisors: Campus staff, etc.
- Event partners: suppliers, rentals, etc.
Once you have done this, you can create related Tags.
Situations in which you can collect/save prospects' emails:
Prospects are people who have expressed an interest in your group and are also identified by the following situations:
- People signing up for an event, without being a member;
- Students expressing interest in attending a group presentation, whose emails you have collected and uploaded into CampusGroups even though they have not joined the group yet;
- Students having registered to your group but not (yet) paid membership (may not be the case when membership dues = $0);
- Former members with expired membership, whether they plan to renew or not.