You have two ways to send web users to your new CampusGroups website when your existing URL (e.g. www.myclub.org) is used:
- Via redirection: meaning that you have to redirect visitors of www.myclub.org to your new CampusGroups URL. This can be done with some HTML on your existing Web Site Home Page following this format:
- Via Domain Name Settings: go to your Domain Name Provider for www.myclub.org (godaddy.com, register.com, etc.) and point the CNAME to: http://SCHOOL.campusgroups.com (where "SCHOOL" is your School Name).
- Access your Registrar Account (the site from which you bought your domain name) and point to our IP Address:
- Log on GoDaddy.
- Click on Domains.
- Click on your Domain Name.
- Click on "Manage" next to forwarding on the left.
- Select "Park".
- Click "Okay", then refresh the page until you see Total DNS Settings.
- Click on "DNS Manager".
- Edit the CNAME called "@".
- Enter the CampusGroups CNAME for your school: http://SCHOOL.campusgroups.com, and click "OK".
- Email us at support(at)campusgroups.com to let us know that you pointed your domain to us.
- You are done. Changes should propagate within an hour.
2. Send us an email at support(at)campusgroups.com with:
- your School and Club Name,
- your Domain Name (ex: www.yourclub.com).
3. Allow up to 48 Hours before your Domain points to your CampusGroups Web Site.