This feature allows you to create campus-wide event templates that all groups are able to use when creating a new event. This option saves a lot of time and helps standardize event management across campus. Groups can also create their own templates just for their own group.
- Log in on CampusGroups.
- Manage your group.
- Click on "Events" in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the "Create Event" button on the right.
5. Start filling out the Event Form with what you will need on your template.
A template cannot be used as a regular event. For instance event templates won't be displayed on the school calendar or the events listing.
To learn more about Events, feel free to check the dedicated tutorials.
6. When your Event Template is ready, go to the "Advanced Options" section, at the end of the Event Form.
Set "This is an event template" to "For this group" to make it a group event template.
Set "This is an event template" to "Platform-wide" to make it an event template accessible by every group (only available to administrators).
7. Click on "Create event" when you are done.
8. Now if you try to create another event by clicking on "Create Event", you will be given the choice to use a blank event template or to use the template previously created.
9. Select your template and click on "Next". An event with the same settings as your template will be created and you only have to complete it.
10. Administrators can deactivate the default "Blank Event Template" by following the steps below.
- Click on "Admin" (key icon in the top menu).
- Click on "Settings" at the bottom of the left-side menu.
- Click on the "Events" button of the navigation tab.
- Scroll down to "Deactivate blank event template" and set it to "Yes".
- Click on "Save".