If you are holding an online class, event, or webinar (with Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, Blue Jeans, etc.) and would like to track attendance, there are two ways for you to do so (and an easy way to check out, too).
1. Display the self check-in QR code on your event presentation
- First, students/attendees need to download the mobile app prior to your event
- We also advise you to send them an email to explain why they need to download the mobile app before your class/event.
- Go to your Upcoming Events listing
- Select the event you are going to present
- Click on the QR code to open it
- Save it and paste it on the first slide of your presentation to allow students/attendees to scan it at the beginning of your virtual event
- Attendees will use the scan function of their mobile app to scan the QR code on the screen, and just like that, they are checked in
2. Use a dynamic QR code for self check-in
You can also let students/attendees self check-in by scanning the refreshable QR code.
- Go to Track Attendance
- Select Self Check-In QR code
You will have the option to use a freshable QR code by selecting the Refresh QR Code every 10 seconds link
- Students/attendees can then scan the QR code with their phones using the mobile app
This option aids in discouraging students from skipping class. CampusGroups software refreshes the QR code every 10 seconds, preventing students from taking a photo and sending it to friends.
3. Use the self check-out feature
You may also want to track that students attended your event or class until the end. In this case:
- Go to the Attendance Tracking Options settings
- Set the Activate Self Check-Out option to Yes
The same way they opened and scanned the QR code to check in, students will be able to check out at the end of your event.
You will be able to generate a report with times of check-in and check-out by downloading the list of attendees.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.