CampusGroups provides a complete toolkit for groups to manage their activities within a private campus network, where students can connect, share and get involved. The system provides dedicated access and tools to three types of users:
- Discover: with CampusGroups, students can explore groups and activities, as well as other people's profiles on campus.
- Stay informed: students stay up-to-date on everything that is happening at their school thanks to School News, Groups Pages, Events Calendar and Notifications. They can also quickly find all types of resources using the Search tool.
- Communicate: sharing news and announcements with other group members or the entire campus has never been easier on CampusGroups.
- Engage: last but not least, students can get involved by posting, joining groups, registering to events, answering forms or surveys, and becoming leaders of groups.
2. GROUP OFFICERS
Each group (e.g. club, department, etc.) has a number of designated officers who can access a dedicated group management area. Officers can use a number of tools to manage their organization more efficiently. These tools are classified under the following specific modules:
- Dashboard: track recent activity and quickly access commonly used features (create event, compose email). Manage your group settings, list of officers, and access rights.
- Members: add and manage group members or validate people who requested to join the group.
- Emails: compose new emails using Mailing lists or Email templates and check Delivery status.
- Events: create events, sell tickets, track registrations and event statistics.
- Forms: create forms or surveys and manage submitted responses.
- Files: upload and share photos and documents.
- Website: create and/or administer the group’s website, blog and discussion boards.
- Money: keep track and manage the group’s transactions (i.e. club dues collection, ticket sales, refunds).
3. SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS
Administrators have access to all of the above with additional privileges. They have the rights to modify each of the underlying groups at their school and have access to the Administration section.
In their dedicated Administration section, they can configure access to the platform, add users or officers, create new groups, email officers, download lists and reports (e.g. users, officers, events, transactions, etc.), manage additional optional tools like the Budgeting Tool, where they can allocate budgets to the school’s groups and validate/deny budget requests made by group officers.
- Integration: CampusGroups can integrate with systems in place via API or RSS feeds. Calendars can be synchronized in a few clicks with Google Calendar or Outlook. For payments, most common gateways are supported (i.e. PayPal, PayFlow, CyberSource, Authorized.net, etc.)
- Mobile: the service is also available on mobile phones via native iPhone and Android Apps.
- Options: additional tools available on demand include Budgeting Tool, Room Reservation system, Career Asssesment Tool, etc. Specific tools can also be developed and customized on demand.