The App Builder offers many different features that can simply be dragged and dropped in your App.
- The App Builder allows you to view the design of your App on different devices.
To do so click on the "Smartphone" button right under "Features" and select the appropriate device.
2. To add a feature to your app, simply drag and drop it in the App on the mobile device.
You will notice that some Features are unique like "Activity Feeds" or "Logout" and can only be added once, whereas other can be added to the app multiple times like "Group of Menus" or "Custom List"
3. You will then be able to customize the feature's name, icon, color and who will be able to access it.
4. Some Features with a "Manage" button on the top-right corner may require additional settings.
Twitter for example: the "Manage Twitter" button will allow you to link a Twitter account or Twitter tags.
5. Once a Feature has been added, you will be able to reorder it with drag and drop and to edit or delete it with the two buttons to it's right when hovering the feature.
Most important features
Only available to Administrators, it grants access to many useful App Settings.
Webviews enable you to add any internet pages or html pages to your App.
Add the page's URL in the "URL of the Page" field and click on "Save".
For example, you can add a webview of any of your CampusGroups platform pages.
To add a new HTML page, click on "View Advanced Settings"
You will then be able to compose you own page with HTML code.
c) Custom Lists
Custom Lists can have many purposes from To Do lists to FAQ.
Add a Custom List and click on "Manage List Items".
Click on "Create Item" to add an item to the list.
Fill the item's field and click on "Save" when you are done.
Note that it is also possible to upload Custom Lists by following this tutorial.
d) Speakers (Event App Only)
The Speakers feature allows you to create Speakers and add them to the Event.
Add the Speakers feature to your App and click on "Manage Speakers".
You can then upload or create new Speakers.
Add the information regarding the Speaker that will be displayed on the App.
This tutorial explains how to add Speakers to an Event.
e) Tracks (Event App only)
Tracks allow to create sub-events to your Event. Then can then be filled with Sessions.
- an Event last more than one day, one Track can be assigned per day. In each Track, Sessions can be used to represent each day's activities.
- an Event has a different programs for each student type (MBA, Alumni, Undergraduates...). Each student type can have a Track with a program listed with the Sessions, so that students can more easily find their program within the App.
Add a Tracks feature to your App and click on "Manage Session Track".
You can then upload or create new Sessions.
Add the information regarding the Session that will be displayed on the App.